Tucker Carlson announced he will launch a new show through Twitter, just two weeks since being let go by Fox News.
BREAKING: Tucker Carlson chooses Twitter for new show
In a video released through Twitter, Carlson said the news media are misleading the public for “every story that matters, every day of the week, every week of the year.”
He added “the rule of what you can’t say defines everything,” and said that not many platforms are left where people have free speech.
Carlson said working in a system like that has limits, and this is a problem because “speech is the fundamental prerequisite for democracy.”
Carlson concluded his announcement by saying Twitter is one of the last places where people have free speech.
“Twitter is not a partisan site. Everybody’s allowed here, and we think that’s a good thing.”
He added “Starting soon, we’ll be bringing a new version of the show we’ve been doing for the last 6 and a half years to Twitter.”
Last week, after breaking his silence following his Fox News departure, Carlson’s viral Twitter video had more views over twenty-four hours than what all of cable news networks had combined.
Twitter user @TheChiefNerd shared the findings on Friday, to which Twitter CEO Elon Musk said “wow.”
The contrast reflects the massive shift many have spotted happening in the media landscape. While independent journalists and content creators are able to spread their message with greater ease than ever before, mainstream media is facing stiffer competition — and more pushback.