Trigger the CBC: Join the Broadcasters Circle today
INFLATION: Canadians worried they can’t feed their families

Thomas Lambert

March 23, 2022

According to a new poll, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s runaway inflation has left Canadians worried they can’t feed their families this year.

The IPSOS poll shows that 63 per cent of those aged 18-34 and 67 per cent of those aged 34-55 express concern that they won’t be able or will struggle to feed their families.

Even amongst well-off Canadians who earn six figures or higher, concerns remain high, with 57 per cent saying they, too, worry about feeding their families. As for those earning less than $40,000 per year, 72 per cent say they are concerned.

Overall, 60 per cent of Canadians are concerned, which is up 16 per cent since the poll was conducted in November 2021. Inflation, at the time, was 4.7 per cent. It’s now 5.7 per cent, and it isn’t slowing down.

“Moreover, nearly nine in ten (85%, +7pts since November 2021) are concerned (46% very/39% somewhat) that inflation will make everyday things less affordable,” IPSOS writes.

“…. In total, roughly half (52%) of Canadians continue to be already struggling or close to it and say they can ill afford rapidly-rising inflation rates. The other half (48%) of Canadian households can more easily adjust to higher costs. These figures are identical to data from November 2021.”

Additionally, due to the ongoing fuel crisis — which could have been prevented by loosening the federal government’s stranglehold on Alberta’s oil and gas sector — 68 per cent of Canadians now fear that “they might not be able to afford gasoline.”

And these concerns aren’t going anywhere. Due to Trudeau’s carbon tax, gas prices are expected to rise an additional $0.11 on April 1, exasperating an already dire situation.

Share this story

Help Keep your News Free

Share this story

It's crucial we stay in touch

Big Tech wants to censor us, that’s why you need to stay in touch.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE...

Trending News

According to a report from Health Canada, euthanasia, referred to by the government as “medical assistance in dying,” accounted for 3.3% of all deaths in the country last year.

Thomas Lambert

August 15, 2022

Trending News

After two weeks of soaking up the sun in beautiful Costa Rica, PM Justin Trudeau has chosen to mark his return by coming into work four hours late.

Keean Bexte

August 15, 2022

Trending News

The leaseholder in charge of advertising at federally-owned airports has told The Counter Signal that our proposed “Ban ArriveCan” billboard has been categorically rejected.

Keean Bexte

August 12, 2022

Trending News

Less than a day before PM Justin Trudeau invoked the Emergencies Act, a national security advisor told him there was potential for a breakthrough in discussions with Ottawa protestors through conventional means.

Mike Campbell

August 12, 2022

Trending News

Recently, while jammed shoulder-to-shoulder in the overcrowded Montréal–Trudeau International Airport, an Air Canada pilot told me the government was solely responsible for the mess.

Keean Bexte

August 12, 2022

Trending News

It shouldn’t need to be said, but it’s long overdue for Canada to get rid of the invasive and burdensome ArriveCan app.

Keean Bexte

August 11, 2022

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their services. You consent to our cookies if you continue to use our website.