Ottawa police warn against Freedom Convoy 2.0

TCS Wire

December 20, 2022

As some Freedom Convoy organizers announce a return to Ottawa in 2023, Ottawa police say “vehicle-based” protests will not be allowed.

Ottawa police warn against Freedom Convoy 2.0
Ottawa police warn against Freedom Convoy 2.0.

“The Ottawa Police Service will not allow for the conditions that led to the unlawful protests seen in February 2022,” said Eric Stubbs, Ottawa’s police chief. 

“Vehicle-based protests will not be allowed to enter the downtown core or in areas of national significance and we will take appropriate action to preserve public safety within our community.”

Stubbs also said he’s been in contact with some of the Freedom Convoy organizers.

James Bauder, one of the 2022 Freedom Convoy organizers, called for a return to Canada’s capital between February 17-21, 2023.

Bauder also posted a notice of an upcoming Freedom “Convoy 2.0” live press release scheduled for Christmas day at noon EST.

“The next Official Freedom Convoy 2.0 2023, the @World will be invited to participate with #TeamCanadaUnity #GlobalUnityConvoy23 #BearHugCanada23 #BearHugTheWorld23 #WeMoveAsOneWeStandAsOne On December 25, 12:00 pm EST Live Press Release,” he tweeted.

Stubbs was appointed Ottawa police chief in October. He replaced interim chief Steve Bell, who replaced Peter Sloly during the original Freedom Convoy protest in January and February.

“There is zero tolerance for disturbances and/or criminal behaviour or for individuals who attempt to disrupt our communities with vehicles,” Stubbs wrote in a letter addressed to the Ottawa Mayor Mark Sutcliffe and the Ottawa Police Services Board. 

Meanwhile, Liberal MPs want to expand security on and near Parliament Hill following the peaceful Freedom Convoy demonstration earlier this year.

Since Trudeau invoked the federal Emergencies Act to forcefully remove protesters in February, Wellington Street has been blocked from vehicle access.

But Liberals now want a land transfer between the City of Ottawa and the federal public services department to fold Wellington and Sparks Street — a pedestrian street one block away from Parliament — to become part of the Parliamentary precinct.

Share this story

Help Keep your News Free

Share this story

It's crucial we stay in touch

Big Tech wants to censor us, that’s why you need to stay in touch.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE...

Trending News

Canada’s 2022 excess deaths trajectory is on pace to shatter the total from 2021 – and obliterate that from 2020.

Mike Campbell

January 27, 2023

Trending News

Canada had more excess deaths in vaccine-coerced 2021 than in 2020 when the pandemic supposedly ravaged the country coast to coast — without vaccines.

Mike Campbell

January 26, 2023

Trending News

Hundreds of Hamilton protestors found the Trudeau Liberals dining location on Tuesday night and made sure their smug Prime Minister could hear them.

TCS Wire

January 25, 2023

Trending News

Canadians protesting Prime Minster Justin Trudeau spoke to The Counter Signal in Hamilton Ontario, where Trudeau is on caucus retreat with the Liberals.

TCS Wire

January 24, 2023

Trending News

Days following corporate media leading the charge, a bunch of Trudeau-funded far-left groups are calling for Dr. Jordan Peterson’s speaking event in Ottawa to be cancelled. 

Mike Campbell

January 18, 2023

Trending News

Alberta Premier Danielle Smith said Albertans would lose 25% of their economy if the federal government’s Just Transition proposal becomes law under a provincial NDP government.  

TCS Wire

January 17, 2023

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their services. You consent to our cookies if you continue to use our website.