Public Safety Minister and serial liar Marco Mendicino to be demoted in massive cabinet shuffle 

Public Safety Minister Marco Mendicino has been demoted by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, CTV News is reporting

Public Safety Minister and serial liar Marco Mendicino to be demoted in massive cabinet shuffle 

Mendicino, along with Justice Minister David Lametti and Treasury Board President Mona Fortier, have all been booted from cabinet. 

4 other Liberal MPs out

So far, four other Liberal MPs have announced they won’t be seeking re-election, including Transportation Minister Omar Alghabra, the enforcer of vaccine travel mandates who oversaw the failed $55-million ArriveCan app. MP Carolyn Bennett, who has been living on the public’s dime since 1997, also announced her departure. 

Mendicino was embroiled in controversy after controversy while he was Canada’s Public Safety Minister. 

After news broke that one of Canada’s most notorious serial killers and rapists, Paul Bernardo, was being transferred from a maximum-security prison to a medium-security facility, Mendicino said the development was “shocking,” implying that was the first he had heard of the matter.

Since then, it has been revealed that Mendicino’s office was informed of the Bernardo prison transfer three months prior to Mendicino acting as if he knew nothing about it.

Mendicino and the Emergencies Act

And in April 2022, two months after the Trudeau Liberals invoked the Emergencies Act on the Freedom Convoy protesters and froze dissidents’ bank accounts, Mendicino said “it was on the advice of law enforcement that we invoked the Emergencies Act.”

In fact, he repeated that lie several times, including in the House of Commons.

According to the Ottawa police, they never asked for the Emergencies Act to be invoked. Then-RCMP Commissioner Brenda Lucki also said she never asked for it.

Mendicino subsequently attempted to walk back his claims.

Poilievre calls out Mendicino

“It’s clear that the Minister made false statements in the House of Commons,” Pierre Poilievre later said. 

Poilievre added, “And it wasn’t just about something trivial. He wanted to give Trudeau cover to invoke the Emergencies Act, freeze people’s bank accounts, and trample on civil liberties.”

Share this story

Donate now to keep us on the front lines:

Help Keep your News Free

It's crucial we stay in touch

Big Tech wants to censor us, that’s why you need to stay in touch.

[wpp limit=6 order_by='views']

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE...

Trending News

Mark Carney and Chrystia Freeland expected to announce their bids for Liberal leadership shortly.

Walid Tamtam

January 14, 2025

Trending News

Christy Clark stumbled out of the gate in her bid to replace Prime Minister Justin Trudeau as leader of the federal Liberals.

Keean Bexte

January 13, 2025

Trending News

Liberal MP Chandra Arya, a Canadian citizen originally from India, has announced his bid to become the next leader of the Liberal Party and Prime Minister of Canada.

Walid Tamtam

January 9, 2025

Trending News

The Online Harms Act (Bill C-63) and many other censorship bills have been stopped dead in their tracks due to Trudeau’s prorogation of Parliament.

Keean Bexte

January 7, 2025

Trending News

U.S. President-elect Donald Trump used Trudeau’s decision to suspend democracy by proroguing Parliament to float the idea of merging Canada with the U.S.

Keean Bexte

January 6, 2025

Trending News

TCS Wire

January 6, 2025

Want to join the conversation?

Sign up now to be able to like, comment and reply to other members. A full membership to our site includes:

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their services. You consent to our cookies if you continue to use our website.