Former Global News reporter Rachel Gilmore announced she has been laid off again, this time by Check My Ads, a digital advertising watchdog. Gilmore was let go by Global News in March of 2023.

Rachel Gilmore axed again 

“Sadly, my employer made the decision to axe its entire editorial arm — and I know it’s not one they made lightly,” Gilmore said. “But the end result is that I have about two months until I can’t pay my rent.”

The TikTok reporter said she plans to launch her own media company one day, and for now is asking for financial support by subscribing to her Substack so that she doesn’t have to go back to waitressing. 

Last week, Gilmore was invited to speak at a parliamentary committee meeting on Russian disinformation where she said that right-wing “grifters” and certain politicians who are opposed to things like men winning female sports competitions, are helping Russia. 

“When we indulge in divisive, conspiratorial and often hateful rhetoric, we are doing Russia a favour,” she said.

The TikToker is well-known among supporters of the Freedom Convoy as the reporter who smeared protesters, such as her article titled “Far-right groups hope trucker protest will be Canada’s ‘January 6th.'”

​​Gilmore’s article was published just one day after newly uncovered text messages between the PMO and Public Safety Liberal staffers revealed a scheme to discredit the Freedom Convoy protesters by likening them to the January 6 rioters. These messages also indicated that there was foreknowledge of an upcoming Global News hit piece that would help frame their narrative.

Prior to Gilmore being let go by Global News, Canadian veteran James Topp, who marched across Canada to protest Covid-19 mandates, sent Global News a libel notice after their URL portrayed him as a white supremacist in an August 2022 article written by Gilmore. 

The notice mentioned Gilmore, Global News and Corus Entertainment Inc. as defendants.

Global News later settled the case with Topp out of court after apologizing for “any harm or misunderstanding that may have been caused by the URL.”

Share this story

Donate now to keep us on the front lines:

Help Keep your News Free

It's crucial we stay in touch

Big Tech wants to censor us, that’s why you need to stay in touch.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE...

Trending News

Danielle Smith is refusing to allow Alberta’s prosperous energy industry to be used as a bargaining chip by the Libs amid Trump’s tariff threat.

Keean Bexte

January 14, 2025

Trending News

Carney brands himself as an “outsider” despite previously calling himself an advisor to the Trudeau government.

Walid Tamtam

January 14, 2025

Trending News

Christy Clark stumbled out of the gate in her bid to replace Prime Minister Justin Trudeau as leader of the federal Liberals.

Keean Bexte

January 13, 2025

Trending News

A growing amount of illegal contraband is being sold online and shipped across Canada, a new report has found. 

Walid Tamtam

January 10, 2025

Trending News

A cop who is being unfairly punished for investigating whether COVID-19 vaccines were killing infants has filed a lawsuit against the CBC for allegedly harassing and misrepresenting her.

Keean Bexte

January 9, 2025

Trending News

The Online Harms Act (Bill C-63) and many other censorship bills have been stopped dead in their tracks due to Trudeau’s prorogation of Parliament.

Keean Bexte

January 7, 2025

Want to join the conversation?

Sign up now to be able to like, comment and reply to other members. A full membership to our site includes:

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their services. You consent to our cookies if you continue to use our website.