Rolling Thunder still heading to Ottawa after ban on “motor vehicle protests”

TCS Wire

April 26, 2022

Neil Sheard, an organizer for the biker convoy ‘Rolling Thunder,’ says, “Rolling Thunder, Ottawa, is still a go,” despite the city’s recent ban on motor vehicle protests in the downtown core.

Firstly, it should be noted that Rolling Thunder is not directly involved with the Freedom Convoy that protested in Ottawa a few months ago. While organizers have stated that they want to come to Ottawa to spread love and freedom, their primary objective is to honour veterans and lay a wreath at the National War Memorial (which police banned them from).

It’s less of a protest and more of a two-day show of solidarity.

In an official statement on Rolling Thunder’s website, the group says that they are working with Ottawa Police to ensure that the demonstration remains lawful and have every intention to abide by all of the city’s laws, including traffic laws.

As per the statement, “We do not support blockades, obstruction of police performing their duties, damage to property, or hate and vitriol directed to the residents of Ottawa. We also encourage all participants of Rolling Thunder Ottawa to follow all legislation, including the Highway Traffic Act and the Criminal Code of Canada. Lastly, as seen during the lawful protest in Ottawa, spread as much peace, love and patriotism to your fellow Canadians as possible.

The statement continues, warning participants that they should be wary of “provocateurs, saboteurs and embellishers [trying to] tarnish the peaceful and loving movement,” as seen during the “lawful Truckers Convoy protest.”

“All attendees and participants should be cognizant of this and if you witness any unlawful action, report it to the nearest police office,” the statement reads.

As reported by The Counter Signal yesterday, Ottawa police said they couldn’t allow motor vehicle protests, rallies, or events within the city’s downtown core, out of fear of having a repeat Freedom Convoy event.

“As a result of the unlawful protest, the City of Ottawa’s position is that no motor vehicle protests, rallies or events will be allowed in the designated downtown core areas. The Ottawa Police are supporting and enforcing that decision. This includes areas near Parliament Hill and the National War Memorial and applies to all demonstrations, rallies and events. All motor vehicles will be prohibited from participating in any of these events in these designated areas, “wrote Ottawa Police.

Nonetheless, police confirmed that they were talking with Rolling Thunder organizers to ensure a peaceful stay in the city.

Given the ban, it isn’t clear how participants plan to visit the National War Memorial.

Rolling Thunder is expected to arrive in Ottawa on April 29 and stay until the end of April 30, possibly leaving on May 1.

Share this story

Help Keep your News Free

Share this story

It's crucial we stay in touch

Big Tech wants to censor us, that’s why you need to stay in touch.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE...

Trending News

Elon Musk said that Twitter has previously interfered in elections, after he responded to a blogger who claimed the company’s trust and safety department is a joke.  

Mike Campbell

November 30, 2022

Trending News

As the Chinese citizens continue to protest their brutal COVID restrictions, videos have emerged of cars jamming up roads and honking in protest of their communist government. 

TCS Wire

November 29, 2022

Trending News

A last minute unredacted document discovered on Friday contradicts the tow trucks justification that PM Justin Trudeau gave immediately after invoking the Emergencies Act. 

Mike Campbell

November 29, 2022

Trending News

Democracy Fund lawyer Alan Honner has suggested the real reason the Trudeau Liberals invoked the Emergencies Act was because the US pressured them to do so. 

Mike Campbell

November 25, 2022

Trending News

Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland claims she froze the bank accounts of ordinary Canadians opposed to draconian Liberal government COVID-19 mandates to avoid “blood on the face of a child.”

Keean Bexte

November 24, 2022

Trending News

Enterprise Canada has issued a cease and desist letter to Freedom Corp lawyer Brendan Miller, saying his flag accusation is false and malicious. Meanwhile, the Public Order Emergency Commission’s judge has dismissed Miller’s application to compel evidence from Enterprise, ruling the claim has “little foundation in evidence.”

Mike Campbell

November 23, 2022

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their services. You consent to our cookies if you continue to use our website.