BREAKING: Tucker Carlson chooses Twitter for new show

Tucker Carlson announced he will launch a new show through Twitter, just two weeks since being let go by Fox News.

BREAKING: Tucker Carlson chooses Twitter for new show

In a video released through Twitter, Carlson said the news media are misleading the public for  “every story that matters, every day of the week, every week of the year.” 

He added “the rule of what you can’t say defines everything,” and said that not many platforms are left where people have free speech.

Carlson said working in a system like that has limits, and this is a problem because “speech is the fundamental prerequisite for democracy.”

Carlson concluded his announcement by saying Twitter is one of the last places where people have free speech.

“Twitter is not a partisan site. Everybody’s allowed here, and we think that’s a good thing.” 

He added “Starting soon, we’ll be bringing a new version of the show we’ve been doing for the last 6 and a half years to Twitter.” 

Last week, after breaking his silence following his Fox News departure, Carlson’s viral Twitter video had more views over twenty-four hours than what all of cable news networks had combined.

Twitter user @TheChiefNerd shared the findings on Friday, to which Twitter CEO Elon Musk said “wow.” 

Carlson’s viral video — that came just days after being let go by Fox News — received 72 million views in the first twenty-four hours.

Meanwhile, in that same time period, all cable networks received a combined total of 53 million views.

The contrast reflects the massive shift many have spotted happening in the media landscape. While independent journalists and content creators are able to spread their message with greater ease than ever before,  mainstream media is facing stiffer competition — and more pushback.

Share this story

Donate now to keep us on the front lines:

Help Keep your News Free

It's crucial we stay in touch

Big Tech wants to censor us, that’s why you need to stay in touch.

[wpp limit=6 order_by='views']

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE...

Trending News

The Supreme Court of Canada announced that it would be leaving the social media platform X and would only release further communications on other platforms.

TCS Wire

February 26, 2025

Trending News

Freeland proposes 100% tariffs on Teslas after insisting carbon tax was necessary for the last nine years.

Walid Tamtam

February 25, 2025

Trending News

Greek MP asks Elon Musk to look into U.S. funding illegal migrants to stay in luxury hotels.

Walid Tamtam

February 12, 2025

Trending News

The Liberals claim that “all the experts” know that Elon Musk’s X platform cannot be trusted as a news source.

Mike Campbell

January 14, 2025

Trending News

The domain name Liar.com now redirects to the Wikipedia page of UK Prime Minister Keir Starmer, and it just may be Elon Musk’s doing.

Keean Bexte

January 6, 2025

Want to join the conversation?

Sign up now to be able to like, comment and reply to other members. A full membership to our site includes:

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their services. You consent to our cookies if you continue to use our website.