Nearly all legacy media outlets prop up Pfizer doctor’s study on the same day

TCS Wire

April 26, 2022

Over one day, well over a dozen legacy media outlets propped up a shady, government-funded, Pfizer-doctor-led “study” that warns about the risks of “mixing” with unvaccinated people.

The Ottawa Citizen, CP24, Hamilton Spectator, Globe and Mail, CTV News, City News Everywhere, Toronto Star, Montreal Gazette, National Observer, Global News, News Wise, and Niagara Falls Review all jumped on the same study — but failed to mentioned several concerns beyond the fact that the government paid for the research.

For one, the study doesn’t use real-world data. In fact, it didn’t even require approval from the research ethics board. Instead, the study — if you can call it that — used a modelling method where researchers start with a set of assumptions and then “find” results based on those assumptions.

The most absurd of these assumptions is that most who receive the vaccine should be immune forever.

“Our lower-bound estimate for vaccine effectiveness (40%) reflected uncertainty about the emerging Omicron variant, whereas our upper bound (80%) reflected the higher effectiveness seen with the Delta variant. We treated immunity after vaccination as an all-or-none phenomenon, with a fraction of vaccinated people (as defined by vaccine effectiveness) entering the model in the immune state and the remainder being left in the susceptible state.” [Emphasis added]

They, of course, failed to account for the fact that vaccine efficacy (if it exists at all) wanes over time, with this being common knowledge now. Yet, this is supposedly the logic behind people getting their third, fourth, and even fifth shot of the COVID vaccine.

“For example, a vaccine that is 80% efficacious would result in 80% of vaccinated people becoming immune, with the remaining 20% being susceptible to infection. We did not model waning immunity.”

Finally, the lead researcher, David Fisman, has ties to big pharma — the legacy media left this out, too.

As per the study, “Competing interests: David Fisman has served on advisory boards related to influenza and SARS-CoV-2 vaccines for Seqirus, Pfizer, AstraZeneca and Sanofi-Pasteur Vaccines, and has served as a legal expert on issues related to COVID-19 epidemiology for the Elementary Teachers Federation of Ontario and the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario. He also served as a volunteer scientist on the Ontario COVID-19 Science Advisory Table.”

It’s also worth mentioning – something this study didn’t touch on – that the rate of infections and COVID death rate in Canada is so high among the vaccinated compared to unvaccinated that some provinces hide the data — but not all of them.

It’s clear that the study is dubious at best, if not explicitly designed for sewing hate and division between people of varying degrees of vaccination, but that didn’t stop the state-subsidized media from cherry-picking details for that purpose.

Share this story

Help Keep your News Free

Share this story

It's crucial we stay in touch

Big Tech wants to censor us, that’s why you need to stay in touch.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE...

Trending News

America’s Transportation Security Administration (TSA) extended its ban on unvaccinated non-citizens from entering the country to at least January 8, 2023.

Mike Campbell

November 5, 2022

Trending News

While most people are giving up on their COVID-19 vaccines, Pfizer announced it’s started Phase 1 trials for yet another vaccine — a two-for-one flu and COVID shot.

Mike Campbell

November 4, 2022

Trending News

While the Emergencies Act inquiry exposes mainstream news misinformation, the Trudeau Liberals’ Censorship Bill C-11 has crept one step closer to becoming law. 

Mike Campbell

October 26, 2022

Trending News

Conservative leader Pierre Poilievre, who frequently shows his disdain for radical, left-wing mainstream media, will skip their beloved press gallery dinner. 

TCS Wire

October 19, 2022

Trending News

The European Public Prosecutor’s Office has revealed it has an ongoing investigation into the acquisition of the COVID-19 vaccine in the European Union.

Rachel Emmanuel

October 17, 2022

Trending News

Amid a conflict of interest accusation, the CDC has approved Pfizer’s and Moderna’s new bivalent COVID vaccine for 5-year-olds and up based on data from just eight mice.

Mike Campbell

October 17, 2022

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their services. You consent to our cookies if you continue to use our website.