Truckers park their vehicles, major shortages coming to Canada

TCS Wire

January 17, 2022


Videos of truckers, vaccinated and unvaccinated alike, locking up their vehicles are exploding on social media as drivers park their trucks to protest the Canadian government’s vaccine mandate for those in the profession.

According to Ontario Trucking Association president Stephen Laskowski, Canada already faces a trucker shortage, as fewer people have chosen to get into the job in recent years. This will be heavily exasperated, he says, as, in Ontario alone, he expects to lose 10 per cent of his workforce instantly, roughly 16,000 truckers.

And these are just the 10 per cent of those who remain unvaccinated in Ontario. This civilization-ending figure does not include the other 90 per cent of truckers standing in unison with their colleagues.

“What will happen and already is happening is the supply chain is just adjusting to having less drivers. We already don’t have enough drivers,” Laskowski said.

“So, what is happening is there is coming to be a prioritization within our membership towards their customers. The companies who can be more aggressive are acquiring truck transportation to go across the Canada-U.S. border, but the others who cannot be as aggressive will find it more challenging moving their product.”

Sylvain Charlebois, a professor specializing in food distribution, shares Laskowski’s concerns, saying that the industry is already roughly 18,000 drivers short and that many, who are approaching retirement, may simply call it quits early.

According to Global News, there are over 26,000 truckers who cross the border every day to deliver everything from food to manufacturing materials, a critical process that may now be disrupted.

Even the mainstream media has been critical of Trudeau’s decision to impose a federal vaccine mandate on truckers, writing article after article alerting Canadians to the coming mass food shortage.

“Canada imports about $21 billion worth of agri-food products from the United States every year, and about 60 to 70 per cent of the food imported arrives on wheels,” Charlebois writes.

“That’s almost 20 per cent of the food Canadians buy in both foodservice and retail.”

“And the timing is not great either,” he continues. “Much of the volume comes through during the winter months when produce from the southern states offers welcome supplies to Canadian consumers.”

“Stopping some of that business could exacerbate the driver shortage the industry is already experiencing and could drive up retail prices even further in weeks to come.”

With supply chains already suffering due to labour shortages, Canadians will inevitably face a food shortage of the government’s making. None of this is sustainable nor good for anyone’s well-being. Nonetheless, Trudeau is chugging along, unperturbed by reports this will usher in a ‘winter of death’ as some have called it.

Support our work

Share this story

Help Keep your News Free

Share this story

It's crucial we stay in touch

Big Tech wants to censor us, that’s why you need to stay in touch.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE...

Trending News

Republican senators threatened to delay funding towards National Defense until the “insane” vaccine mandate for US military members is removed. 

Mike Campbell

December 1, 2022

Trending News

Less than a week after testifying over his use of the Emergencies Act to quash truckers in February, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau suddenly supports protests against Covid-19 mandates breaking out all over China. 

Keean Bexte

November 29, 2022

Trending News

Western University finally dropped its COVID 19 vaccine mandate on Tuesday, after months of petitions and protests against the institution.

TCS Wire

November 29, 2022

Trending News

Premier Danielle Smith assured Albertans that vaccine policy changes would occur, but said more time is needed to get it right. 

Mike Campbell

November 29, 2022

Trending News

As the Chinese citizens continue to protest their brutal COVID restrictions, videos have emerged of cars jamming up roads and honking in protest of their communist government. 

TCS Wire

November 29, 2022

Trending News

A last minute unredacted document discovered on Friday contradicts the tow trucks justification that PM Justin Trudeau gave immediately after invoking the Emergencies Act. 

Mike Campbell

November 29, 2022

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their services. You consent to our cookies if you continue to use our website.